Recent News


Student Loan Regulations, Rules & Policies

Beginning July 1, 2014, you may continue the progression of partial cancellations for eligible employment at 15/15/20/20/30% of the original loan amount even when changing types of eligible employment. Both types of employment must be eligible for cancellation at those rates. You must complete a year of eligible employment in one field; you cannot receive cancellation by combining partial years of employment in two or more fields, even if all fields are eligible for partial cancellation.



Beginning July 1, 2013 the Department of Education changed the process for applying for total and permanent disability discharge of Federal Perkins loans. Rather than submitting an application directly to the school that gave you the loan, you must apply directly with the federal government. For further information and application materials, please contact:

U.S. Department of Education
P.O. Box 87130
Lincoln, NE 68501-7130

Telephone: 888/303-7818




section links